Author Notes: Season and dress this with a light because you want all the flavors to shine. The portions are small for a simple reason, a little roe goes a long way. —thirschfeld
- 1/3 cup good quality salmon roe
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into very small dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red onion, very very small dice
- 1 tablespoon good quality full fat sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon scallion rings, this is not a garnish
- Combine sour cream, milk, zest and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper in a small bowl and mix until it is all incorporated.
- Add the roe, cucumber and red onion. Stir to combine. Let the salad sit for 15 minutes taste and adjust the seasoning. Divide it between 4 small bowls, add a few sliced scallions and a grind of fresh ground black pepper. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!