If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The title basically describes what it is. It is a very refreshing take on a frozen yogurt, combining some great Summery flavors. This is what happens when you wander the produce aisle asking your best friend and random passersby what they think of this flavor with that flavor. You may get some strange looks, but the results are undeniable. ( You can use any ice cream or frozen yogurt base and achieve nearly the same results, I would imagine with some texture variation, but this is my basic mix, plus or minus a little.) —RandomShops
Makes 3 quarts
- 1/2 Ripe Honeydew melon, peeled, rough chopped
- 1 Ripe Avocado, Peeled and pitted
- 4 Basil leaves, fresh, finely chopped
Frozen Yogurt Base Base
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- Puree Honeydew, Avocado and Basil Leaves until Smooth, then set aside
- Add 3 eggs to mixing bowl, then blend in sugar slowly. Add cream, milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Spoon in honeydew/avocado mixture, mix until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight for best results.