Author Notes: My step son Nicki had a lot of chocolate mint growing and he asked if we coould make some ice cream? I said why not! We used a vanilla ice cream for a base and added chocolate chips, maserated the mint in vodka, and some green food color for looks. —jane mcmillan
Makes: about 1 quart
teaspoons pure vanilla extract
cups chocolate mint leaves
cup mini chocolate chips
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Next day in a food processor pulse the mint leaves a few times, add the vodka and set aside to mascreate for at least 1 hour
- Strain the mint vodka mixture using a cheese cloth or coffee filter, squeezing out the liquid into the vanilla ice cream base.
- Process in ice cream to manufactures direction. The last 5 minutes add your choc chips and food color.
- Put in the freezer to firm up completely and this is the hardest step!
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts