If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My step son Nicki had a lot of chocolate mint growing and he asked if we coould make some ice cream? I said why not! We used a vanilla ice cream for a base and added chocolate chips, maserated the mint in vodka, and some green food color for looks. —jane mcmillan
Makes about 1 quart
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate mint leaves
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Next day in a food processor pulse the mint leaves a few times, add the vodka and set aside to mascreate for at least 1 hour
- Strain the mint vodka mixture using a cheese cloth or coffee filter, squeezing out the liquid into the vanilla ice cream base.
- Process in ice cream to manufactures direction. The last 5 minutes add your choc chips and food color.
- Put in the freezer to firm up completely and this is the hardest step!