If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 quart
- 6 peeled black plums (medium sized), pitted, and cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 inches of ginger root (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger (grated), (optional)
- Boil water in shallow sauce pan. Stir in half of the sugar until dissolved. Place plums in face down. Simmer until all water is almost evaporated and the plums are soft.
- Blend plum and syrup. Set aside.
- Put the milk and cream in a sauce pan and warm until it comes to a soft boil. Add the grated ginger and simmer until desired potency (I like mine very gingery!). Strain.
- Put gingery milk/cream back into the pot. Add blended plums and remaining sugar. Add the grated candied ginger now if you wish.
- Freeze according to your ice cream machine's instructions! Et voila!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts