If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I usually make a Greek yoghurt version of this for a quick weeknight dessertbut when nothing but real deal will do this is my go to summer ice cream recipe. The rosewater can be left out but it's just a hint and adds a dimension most guests can't quite put their finger on. And the possibilities are endless - I substitute the vanilla extract for lemon juice and make a blueberry ripple or a mint infusion with a chocolate ripple and the list goes on... —foodfanatic
Large organic eggs
Large organic egg yolks
cup Best quality vanilla extract
cup superfine sugar
cups Whipping cream
cup fresh raspberries
wafer cones, to serve
ounce Bittersweet schocolate, melted, to serve
- For the SemifreddoI , combine the eggs, yolks , vanilla and sugar in a heat-proof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Beat with a hand-held mixer until pale and thick, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and continue to beat until cool, a further 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream in a separate bowl until stiff and fold into the egg mixture and add the rosewater. Pour into a container.
- For the ripple, blend half of the raspberries in a food processor until smooth.Spoon the blended raspberries and whole raspberries over the SemifreddoI, using a fork to create a ripple effect. Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, lower the top of each cone into the melted chocolate to coat the rims. Top each come with a scoop of the SemifreddoI and hound out.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream