If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I roast a duck or prepare duck breast, I render and reserve duck fat for an all-time favorite dish of ours – fingerling potatoes baked in duck fat, served with eggs sunny side up and blue cheese sauce. Needless to say, this produces enough cholesterol to kill a village, and afterward the feast we always embark on a week-long fast. But it's worth it. —QueenSashy
- 2 pounds teeny tiny potatoes, baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 6 tablespoons duck fat
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Wash potatoes and pat dry. Place in a large baking dish in a single layer. Spoon the duck fat over the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While potatoes are baking prepare the blue cheese sauce. In a small saucepan simmer the wine over medium heat until reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume. Add the heavy cream and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until the sauce is thick. Reduce the heat to low and slowly melt in the cheese. Whisk for another minute or two, until the sauce is even and thick. Let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the eggs sunny side up, season with salt and transfer to individual plates. Spoon the potatoes and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner