If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very easy to make and fabulous craft cocktail addition. Also good with non-boozy lemonade. —Geeks with Drinks
Makes approx. 2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups strawberries (hulled, sliced)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (chopped)
- Combine sugar and water in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves (liquid will 'clear up')
- Add strawberries and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Cook (keeping a watchful eye!) for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add mint leaves. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup carefully (it's probably still hot) and cool completely. I put mine in mason jars, but any airtight container will work. Will keep for approx. 2 weeks.