If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has become a serious Summer staple. It's easy, delicious and pleases just about everyone. —cavallacci
- 4-5 pounds spatchcocked chicken
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2-4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add lemon zest, juice, garlic, S & P, & lavender flowers to a bowl and mix well. Take the chicken out. I prefer my chicken without the sticks and back. rub the marinade generously on both sides and let it sit as long as you can. Bring the chicken to room temperature before grilling. Preheat the gas grill to high for about 15 minutes before starting the chicken. I like to start it skin side down so the skin gets super crispy. Leave the lid open to prevent a larger fire than you want. Usually about 15-20 minutes on each side. I like to flip the chicken to skin side for a minute or 2 before taking the bird off to re-crisp the skin. Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes and then use a poultry scissor to cut it up. Enjoy!