If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: (adapted from Whipped the Blog, who nabbed it from Mom’s Big Book of Baking)
- 1 teaspoon Fleur de Sel
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or almond butter
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (ground up)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 packet Trader Joe's dried tart cherries
- 1 packet Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips
- 1 zest of lemon
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons finely ground espresso
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Break out... 1 8x8 or 7x11 baking dish or pan
- Sprinkle into the bottom of the baking dish... 1 ts. fleur de sel. Sea salt works, too, but I prefer FdS because it's flakier.
- (*Hands on hips: do NOT do this in the baking dish) Mix the following together In a bowl ... 1/2 cup (1 stick) room-temperature unsalted butter ... 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar ... 1/3 cup agave
- (WET INGREDIENTS) Mix in ...1 large egg ... 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ... 1/2c. canned organic pumpkin ... 2tbsp sunflower or nut butter ... 2tbsp molasses
- (DRY INGREDIENTS) Dump the following on top of your existing mixture ... 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour ... 1/2c of ground up rolled oats (my faux Magic Bullet is more than adequate for this task) ... 1/2c of shredded coconut (never killed anybody...) ... Mix until just combined. Start on low speed so all of these dry things stay in the bowl. 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 3tbsp of the best espresso you can get your hands on. I've been using Intelligensia's Black Cat Project Organic Espresso.
- Boom. You've got a canvas to work from. You have the option to do nothing but dump the batter over the fleur de del and put the pan in the oven. You'll be stoked. You'll be able to die happy. But you've come so far that you might as well make one of the following...
- Option 1. Cherry Chocolate Chip Blondies … add in 1 pkg Trader Joe's dried tart cherries ... 1 bag of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips ... zest of 1 lemon. Pour into pan.
- Option 2. Nutella Nom Nom Blondies … pour/spread 1/2 of the batter over the fleur de del in the baking dish ... spread 3/4c Nutella over the batter ... pour in the rest of the batter
- Bake for... 25-35min
- Cut into 9-12 pieces.
More Great Recipes: