If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I typically serve this chili atop a bed of Fritos corn chips - or even better, in a bag of Fritos. Consumed countless "bags" of Fritos chili topped with shredded cheese and sour cream in my youth. Tonight's version replaced the corn chips with baked Yukon Gold wedges - and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. —MVegetarian
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 sweet onion (1/4" dice)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pkg veggie ground chicken or ground round
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can black beans (19 oz)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chili spice blend (follows)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 mango (1/2" cube)
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar & monterray jack cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 10-12 tablespoons Yukon Gold potatoes (cut in wedges)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and dry Yukon Gold potatoes (do not peel). Cut into wedges (eighths). Place in a large bowl - add olive oil - and season with salt and pepper. Place skin side down (wedge up) on a lined baking sheet and bake until golden and top edges are starting to get crispy.
- Heat canola in a Dutch oven and saute onions and garlic until translucent - 5-6 minutes. Add Veggie Chicken / Ground Round (I used Ives Ground Veggie Chicken) and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except mango and cheese. Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes - stirring regularly. Add mango and stir to combine.
- When potatoes are tender - place a pile in 8 individual bowls or plates. Top with 1 Cup of chili - 1/2 Cup of shredded cheese - and 2 Tbsp of yogurt...and...Enjoy!
Chili Spice Blend
- 4 tablespoons ground Mexican chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- All all spice blend ingredients to a mini food processor and blend together well.
- Stored in an airtight container this spice blend will last for at least 3 months.
More Great Recipes: