Author Notes: For three years, I’ve lived in Portland, OR.
Why? Because I love the rain. I am blessed to have a lot of energy on a normal basis, so the rain helps to cool me down and regulate my hyper ways. I love the people. I love the coffee shops. I really, really appreciate that there is enough interest in painting the streets for the city to agree to such a thing.
But one thing that Portland is really missing is the crisp feeling of fall.
So now that I am in Minneapolis for the summer and into fall, I am making the most of it. I am filling the kitchen with scents of cinnamon, pumpkin, squash, and and apple.
This granola has apple, honey, cinnamon and cranberries to fulfill the need of every fall over! —Skylor Powell
cups gluten free oats
tablespoons coconut oil (kept separate)
tablespoons brown rice syrup
cup apple juice
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Chop your apple into 5-6 pieces.
- Put them in a blender with juice, honey, cinnamon, 1 tblsp brown rice syrup, and 1 tblsp coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine this mixture in a bowl with your oats.
- Stir well.
- Coat a baking pan with the rest of your coconut oil.
- Put your oats in the pan and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and add cranberries, walnuts and apricots.
- Turn the oven down to 250.
- Drizzle the rest of your syrup on your granola and mix well.
- Let warm at 250 for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!