If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: like a slice of holiday gingerbread in the form of a bowl of oatmeal! A delicious and healthy seasonal breakfast. —honeyhoney
- 1/2 cup Irish oatmeal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons chopped medjool dates or raisins
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- .25 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- .25 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- bring milk to a medium boil in a small pot, and add spices. then add the oats and stir, simmer on low.
- add the chopped dates, molasses after about 2 minutes, stir the oats occasionally. once the oats start to thicken up after about 5 minutes, add to bowl and top with chopped pecans and crystallized ginger.