If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: S/O to my teacher Mrs. Keller for the cookie recipe. —Chef Le
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
cup Cocoa Powder
teaspoon Baking Powder
cup Semisweet chocolate chips
cup White chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Slowly add cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Blend.
- Slowly add flour. Blend.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix.
- Use a small scoop to place the batter onto the baking sheet. Leave 2 inches between each cookie. Tip: Use parchment paper or use aluminum foil and spray cooking oil onto the foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until just firm. Let it cool.
White Chocolate Pomegranate Ganache
ounces White Chocolate (Chopped)
cup Heavy Cream
tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cut into 3 pieces)
Strawberries (thinly sliced)
- Make the white chocolate ganache while the cookies are baking. A good tip is to refrigerate the cookies for 5 minutes before creating the ice cream sandwich, so the cookie doesn’t melt the ice cream.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Boil the heavy cream. Pour it over the chocolate. Stir the chocolate and cream together. When the ganache is smooth, stir in the butter.
- It is optional to pour half of the ganache into another bowl to make a white chocolate pomegranate ganache. By doing this, you will have two ganaches. Just pour in the POM juice until you get the desired color, flavor and texture of the ganache.
- Spread the desired amount of the white chocolate ganache through the middle of the plate with a fork, brush or spoon.
- Slice the desired amount of strawberries and discard the green leaves. Place these strawberry slices near the border of the plate.
- Take two cookies and scoop the preferable amount of ice cream in between the cookies. Place the ice cream sandwich in the middle of the plate on top of the white chocolate ganache. Plate two other cookies right next to the sandwich.
- Drizzle the pomegranate ganache around the dish as needed. (Opt.)