If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you can't decide between a roasted garlic/roma tomato sauce or an alfredo for your favorite pasta tonight...don't decide!! ...have both!!!
This recipe is based on a Knorr brand powdered mix that I discovered around 1990(thanks Monique!).
Note that I've mixed in some steamed green beans in the photo.
Makes never enough
creamy roasted tomato garlic sauce
- 10-12 of very ripe roma tomato
- bulb separated , peeled, end trimmed, cloves of garlic..to taste
- couple sprigs of fresh thyme
- one medium onion
- splash xtra vrgin olive oil
- varies S and P
- 1 qt half and half
- 1/2 lb shredded Fontinella or other hard cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
pasta...your favorite shape..cooked your favorite way ..,ready for sauce
- as you like pasta
- Quarter romas . Toss with sliced onions,peeled garlic cloves,sprigs of Thyme and xtra vrgin olive oil, S &P in a 9 x 13 glass pan. Put into preheated (425 degree) oven. Toss and turn ingredients every 20 minutes until the ingredients are roasted to your desire... a couple hours ..until there is carmalization
- Strip and save the thyme leaves and discard the sprigs. put remaining ingredients in a container for blending or immersion blending...and blend!! Add half and half and cheese to taste..BLEND!
- With cooked pasta in an appropriate sized pan, add More roasted tomato/garlic sauce,More half and half, and cheese