If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What to do with leftovers, or the "only one left" things you have in the fridge. The acorn squash added a sweetness to the quinoa mixture. You can use less onion if you like, or I think adding just a touch of garlic would also be good. You could probably add just about anything! —Vegegail
cup Quinoa (we used rainbow)
diced heirloom tomato
cup feta (goat) cheese
cup red onion
pieces "bacon" tempeh or eggplant
tablespoon coconut oil -- split
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut your Acorn Squash in half, remove seeds --- brush with melted coconut oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Bake 400 degrees, 20 minutes or until soft
- Prepare quinoa per package directions.
- Prepare bacon. We used the tempeh bacon, but you could use what you prefer. Dice or crumble
- Using 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, sauté the onions until soft. Add the spinach to wilt.
- Mix quinoa, bacon onion, spinach, feta cheese, tomato in a bowl and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When your acorn squash is tender, fill the center with the quinoa mix and serve. (we topped this with just a little parmesan cheese.
More Great Recipes: