If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are so many ice cream recipes out there, and this one is a hybrid of two different ones that I found. I am sure it has been done before but I wouldn't even begin to know who to attribute it to. Here is my eggless, yummy, easy vanilla ice cream recipe. Hope you like it! —Shalala
Makes 1 pint
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 cups Cream
- In a saucepan whisk the sugar, whole milk, and salt together over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't boil over!
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, scrape out the seeds, and dump the seeds along with the pods into the whole milk concoction. Allow the mixture to heat up, but not boil, for 5 minutes and then take it off the heat.
- Pour the whole milk mixture into a glass or metal bowl, pour in the cream, and stir it all together.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and put it in the fridge for four hours, or (preferably) over night.
- Take out the vanilla bean pods from the mixture, then pour it into your ice cream maker and whir it up according to the ice cream maker's instruction manual. I recommend pairing this with anything, but especially the Apples Baked in Cider by Sally (http://www.food52.com/recipes/7944_apples_baked_in_cider). Yum!
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts