Author Notes: Think Chicken Noodle soup with the amazing mexican flavors of tomatoes, lime and a little spice. It's super simple and everyone loves it. —jessie schupack
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 14 ounces cans of roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vermicelli noodles / or angel hair pasta broken in small pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds) and mince
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- In dutch oven or soup pot, heat oil on medium heat and add onion, celery, carrots until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and jalapeño and stir about one more minute.
- Add tomatoes and stock and chicken and bring to boil. Once chicken is cooked, remove from pot, let cool and shred.
- Simmer on low heat and put chicken in pot and add noodles, dry spices (salt, pepper, coriander, turmeric and cumin) and juice from two limes.
- Keep on low heat or remove from heat when noodles are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dash of cilantro leaves and slices of lime.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!