If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a combination of a simple brine and slow roasting with a lot of basting. A Great Sea Salt and fresh Rosemary and fresh Garlic make this a simple and diverse recipe. It has been created through many years of trial and error. Jalapeño Cornbread stuffing is a great addition to this simple bird. —chocolatepistachiocheesecake
- 18-21 pounds Organic Free Range Turkey
- 7 quarts Water
- 2 cups Organic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Add your choice off Flavoring (White Wine, Herbs, Lemon and Orange Zest)
- 2 cups organic olive oil
- 6 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 bunch organic Rosemary
- 1 yards of organic cheesecloth
- Combine Turkey, Water, Sea Salt, (any flavorings you would like) in a bucket with a lid and keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Make sure you remove turkey 1 hour before cooking. Pre-heat oven to 425. Add oil and garlic and rosemary in a pan over the stovetop and infuse flavors for about 8-12 min. over a med- low heat. Remove from heat and let cool then dip cheesecloth in the infused oil. Cover the turkey with cheesecloth cook on 425 for 30 min. Roast and brush with infused oil. Drop Temp. to 350 baste every 30 min. with pastry brush remove cheesecloth after 2 hours baste and put back in oven for 30 min. or until turkey hits 165 degrees. Remove Let cool 30 min before cutting. This turkey is so juicy , I love using the drippings to cook a red wine reduction sauce I use every year in place of gravy.
More Great Recipes: Entrees