If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have been serving this super simple salad in our cafe for the past 2 years. We were delighted when it was actually picked up by the Royal Horticulatural Soceity (RHS) in the UK and used as part of promotion they were doing on lollo rossa lettuce. The combination of sweet caramalised apples and salty black pudding is a real winner. Its so simple. Its all about the black pudding though so choose a good one - we are blessed in Ireland with great black pudding! —granary jack
- 4 handfuls lollo rossa lettuce
- 4 Potatoes (Maris Piper or similar)
- 12 pieces Black Pudding
- 2 Sweet Eating Apples
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Caramelise the apples by adding brown sugar and butter to a hot frying pan and heating gently until golden and bubbling then adding the apple segments. You may need to add more water to ensure the sugar does not over caramelise and burn. Cook apples for 5 minutes approximately or until soft and golden in colour.
- Saute the par-boiled potato slices in olive oil in a separate hot frying pan (approximately 10 minutes or until crisp and golden).
- Assemble the Black Pudding Salad by firstly dressing 4 large plates in each of the 3 dressings by drizzling a teaspoon of each dressing on to the plates, arrange 4 sauted potato slices on the plates, place 3 slices of grilled Black Pudding on top of the sauté potatoes, top with a dollop of caramelised apple and cover with a handful of the leaves and finally dress the leaves with each of the dressings
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: Salads