If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My father is a pretty picky eater, so when he is out of town, my mother and I tend to cook all the foods he doesn't like. However, sometimes the opportunity to fit all those things in isn't there. This recipe came about (with some inspiration) from our desire to squeeze in two of his least favorites - sweet potato and broccoli. Now if I could have just added spinach... —aquamarine84
- 2 Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Dash salt
- Dash Pepper
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium size pot, boil sweet potato until tender.
- n a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and spices. Spread in a baking dish. Top with broccoli and set aside.
- Mash sweet potato with cream cheese, salt and pepper with a potato masher or electric mixer. Spread over meat and broccoli
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.