This is a delicious, healthy, and super easy salad to make. You're going to love the look and taste of this salad at the dinner table!
This is a delicious, healthy, and super easy salad to make. You're going to love the look and taste of this salad at the dinner table!—Crystal Heller
Serves: 3 hungry people
medium sized carrots
Drizzle of olive oil (I like using Chile Olive Oil!)
can of kidney beans
dashes of salt & pepper
splashes of salad dressing of your choice
In This Recipe
- Wash your carrots and use your vegetable peeler to remove the exterior skin of the carrots. Once the exterior skin is removed throw it away. Continue using the vegetable peeler on the carrot to create long paper-thin slivers of the carrot. Then place all your carrot slivers in a medium sized bowl.
- Wash your kale and remove the leafy green from its center stems just by ripping off bite sized pieces. Place the kale in a bowl, sprinkle some olive oil on top, and start using your hands to massage the kale until it feels soft – approximately 1 minute if you massage well. You may not be used to massaging your food but you better get in there so you can soften the kale so it’s not so leafy and stiff when you eat it.
- Open a can of kidney beans and pour them into a colander and rinse them offwith cold water so they are shinny and clean.
- Now combine the kidney beans, the kale, and the jicama with the carrot slivers. Toss the salad to evenly distribute everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste and some salad dressing you have in your refrigerator.
- Serve and eat immediately because you don’t want orange-tinted jicama!