If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dessert for adults stuck with kid-palates; modified from the recipe below.
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 12 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 pkg)
- 3 Heath or Skor bars, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 32 Caramels, unwrapped
- 14 ounces Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Toffee pieces (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9" pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix with oil and eggs; blend well. Add in chocolate chips, chopped Heath bars, and additional toffee pieces (optional). Press 1/2 of this mixture into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, caramels, and condensed milk. Stir constantly and cook over med-low heat until mixture is smooth. Pour caramel mix evenly over the pre-baked layer 1. Top with the remaining cake mixture, attempting to cover the entire carmel layer.
- Bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the top is set and golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes then run a knife around the edges of the pan. Cool another 40 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.