Author Notes: I love vanilla. It is one of those flavors I could not live without. It is also a flavor I must buy organic in my little imaginary set of food rules. Im fairly certain artificial vanilla is made of wood chips. Not too appetizing. I actually hate when people acuse vanilla of being bland. It is very bold! And not to everyone's liking which basically means it is NOT bland.
This snack/drink is great after a workout or just for the hell of it. There is no dairy in it but you won't miss it. —DUZE @BakingBackwards
Serves me and a sip for my husband
Basic Vanilla Shake
- 1 peeled frozen banana (or more if you like your shake thick)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract OR the seeds of one vanilla pod
- 1 pinch organic cinnamon
- 1/2 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup vanilla rice milk (I use Natura)
Optional Add Ins (add one of these ingredients to change up your shake)
- 2 teaspoons organic cocoa powder (100%), I recommend adding a touch of maple syrup if you like sweetness as the cocoa is bitter)
- 1/2 cup frozen black raspberries or wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter
- 1 handful fresh mint and 1 tsp cocoa and 2 squares good chocolate
- Blend the ingredients of Part 1 in a high speed blender. Enjoy in a tall glass.
- If using any of the optional add-ins, blend your add-in of choice in a high speed blender with part 1's ingredients. If using the frozen fruit, I suggest adding the berries after blending the rest of the ingredients and just pulsing them in to marble the drink. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla