Author Notes: . This recipe comes from a family friend Bernice who passed it on to me after I tasted it at a church dinner. It is a deliciously simple cake that can be paired with ice cream, fresh seasonal fruit, a caramel topping, or anything of the baker's choice. —mkultra1000
cup boiling milk
teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating
- Add vanilla and milk in which the butter has been melted
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and quickly beat this mixture into the batter
- Pour into a floured 8"x10" floured pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. The top of the cake should be golden in color and springy/spongy to the touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
More Great Recipes: