If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Heidi Swanson’s recipe for Cottage Cheese Muffins at 101cookbooks.com. Not a fan of ham? Make them with chicken or turkey instead. Or follow Heidi’s lead and skip the meat in favor of sun-dried tomatoes. These super-moist, savory muffins have a texture somewhere between a sponge cake and a quiche. They’re delicious piping hot fresh from the oven. They also freeze well. Make a batch; eat a few now and freeze some for later. They make the perfect breakfast for families on the go. —Bob Vivant
Makes: 12 muffins
cup white whole wheat flour (or your favorite gluten-free multi-purpose flour)
teaspoons baking powder
cup plain cottage cheese
ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
cup almond meal or finely ground almonds
cup ham, diced (about 1/2 cup)
tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus more for finishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with paper baking cups.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in the flour.
- Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Scatter a few chives on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Serve hot or at room temperature