If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yes, this is the Best Chicken Noodle Soup EVER! I have been making this soup for years (an adaption of Paula Dean's recipe) and I have given it to sick friends, kids who have had their wisdom teeth out, those getting over the flu and everyone says the same thing, “that is the Best Chicken Noodle Soup”. It is packed with flavor and makes a hearty and delicious dinner. —Amy Stafford @ A Healthy Life For Me
- 1 whole chickens
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- dashes kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 bag of egg noodles, cooked to bag directions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Add all ingredients up to Kosher salt and Pepper to a large pot. Add extra water if needed so that chickens are completely covered.
- Cook for an hour or until chicken is tender. Remove chickens and place on a rimmed cutting board ( you will need to catch juices from chickens)
- Once chickens are cooled, shred all meat. Throwing away bones and skin.
- Strain broth through a colander into a large bowl throwing away solids. Place broth back into stock pot.
- Bring broth to boil and add carrots and celery cooking for 10-12 minutes. Add noodles and cook until al dente (follow directions on package)
- Add chicken, and remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Serve the Best Chicken Soup you will ever eat.