If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am supposed to be gluten free, sometimes I'm naughty. But when I discover a new gluten free flour, especially one as special as this my heart does a leap of joy! Gluten free is not tasteless or boring, gluten free is just as good and if not better as these will prove.
Chestnut flour is expensive and can be hard to find, but boy is it worth it. It gives a wonderfully creamy texture and nutty sweetness thats takes you straight to Christmas.
I think these are just about my most favourite biscuits ever...ever. —Chloe Timms
Makes about 24
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Terry's Chocolate Orange, roughly chopped
- Pre heat oven to 175* Line a large baking sheet with parchment
- Cream the butter, sugars, vanilla and cinnamon either by hand or in a stand mixer until fluffy
- Add the egg and beat on a slow speed for about a minute
- Add the flour and the baking soda and mix until just incorporated
- Fold through the chocolate orange
- Using a tbsp place balls of the dough about 2" apart on the baking sheet and bake for approx. 9 mins until spread and golden brown
- Bake in batches
- Using a fish slice remove to a cooling rack immediately to cool
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days