If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Walking into a home , with the aroma of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, warms the heart and nourishes the soul... —Rachel Gaffney
Makes 1 loaf
Apple Crumb Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour (unbleached & unbromated) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola/vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons chilled, unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 5" x 9" loaf tin
- Peel, core and dice apples. Dissolve sugar in oil in mixer. Mix. Add eggs, one at a time and combine with oil and sugar. Whisk together dry ingredients. Add half the dried ingredients, mix on low, then add half the apple juice. Add remaining dry ingredients, mix and add remaining juice. Spoon diced apple into mixture and fold gently. Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- To make crumble topping, dice chilled butter into cubes. Using fingertips, rub with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean (skewer)