If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I eat this with a spoon. So should you. —darksideofthespoon
Makes 1 liter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup finely chopped high quality dark chocolate
- Boil the cream, water, sugar, pinch of salt and sifted cocoa powder, whisking the whole time. Do not leave the mixture, it boils over very quickly.
- Add the chopped chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Pour into a container and cool in the fridge without a lid. It will be runny when hot but should become thick once cooled.
- Serve at room temperature or warm. This also makes a wicked chocolate milk!