If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband's mother used to always make delicious bread pudding! With the addition of chocolate chips and a few other variations to her recipe, it has become the best bread pudding ever! —Ronna F
ounces stale white or wheat bread
cup brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup melted butter
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cut bread into small pieces (about 1/2 to 1-inch); place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1/4 cup for topping.
- Pour melted butter over bread cubes. Stir in sugar mixture.
- Combine eggs, salt and vanilla in a medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Add milk slowly to eggs and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, stirring to mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir chocolate chips into bread mixture. Spoon into a 13x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle reserved sugar mixture over top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread