If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is Not Your Mama's Turkey Salad. Yes, it does include turkey cracklings. I needed a crunch and celery just wasn't going to cut it. So why not pecans and fried turkey cracklings? —Creole Contessa
- 3 cups Smoked Holiday Turkey Diced
- 1 cup Turkey Skin or as much as you have left.
- 1/2 cup diced pecans
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices of country bread
- 8 slices of tomato
- 8 slices fresh romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl mix shredded turkey with pecans, mayonnaise, onions, creole seasoning, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and set aside.
- Fry turkey skin in hot oil until crisp.
- Drain turkey skin then diced into small pieces.
- Add fried turkey skin to turkey mixture, stir and serve.