If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smokey Korean Chicken Nachos —Creole Contessa
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 inch piece of chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice
- 1 jar pickled jalapenos
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- 2 cups machego cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooking oiil
- taco shells
- sour cream
- Shred chicken making sure to remove all bones and skin and set aside.
- Slice fresh jalapenos, reserve half for garnish.
- Chop onion, garlic and ginger, set aside.
- Mix in bowl honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce and jalapeno juice and set aside.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to skillet heat to medium high heat and add jalapeno, onion, garlic and ginger, saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to pot saute for about 1 minute.
- Add chili powder, onion powder, creole seasoning, and black pepper to chicken and mix well.
- Saute for about 2 more minutes.
- Add Korean sauce to pan and let cook about 5 more minutes.
- Cut Tortilla shells in half then in another half to have four squares
- Heat oil to 350 degrees fry shells until golden brown, drain and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Assemble: In a large oven proof pan or platter, lay out 1 row of chips slightly overlapping.
- Add 1 tablespoon of meat, 1 tablespoon of cheese, and 1 pickled jalapeno piece.
- Repeat 2-3 times depending on size of your platter.
- Bake under broiler for about 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted, garnish with fresh jalapeno slices, tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and avocado, enjoy!