Author Notes: Result of a delicious witching hour experimental session with fresh pomegranate & ginger. You may opt to vary the proportion of ginger ale with seltzer. Personally I'd recommend using the Jamaican variety of Reeds premium ginger brew, but in a pinch the local Canada Dry variety will suffice. —Panfusine
- 2 ounces Van Gogh, or similar brand of Pomegranate flavored Vodka
- 2 tablespoons Heaped pomegranate arils
- 1 teaspoon Fresh minced ginger
- 5-6 torn basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (medium sized)
- 2-3 drops bitters to coat the glass
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (adjust as per taste, this is just to help the solid stuff muddle)
- 4 oz ginger ale or 2 oz each of ginger ale & lime seltzer
- Add the bitters to the martini glass & swirl it around. Stash the glass in the freezer to chill.
- Muddle the pomegranate, basil, lime juice, ginger and the sugar. Add the vodka and allow to steep for 5 min. Add the ice, shake well and strain into glass. Top up with ginger ale, garnish with a curl of lime peel and serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates