If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It took me several goes to get this right. I wanted to make a bread not a cake. Bread being less heavy than a cake, therefore cutting down from four banans to 3 small ones and using coconut flour instead of almond meal. The spices are there to remind us of Christmas without having to use pumpkin. The orange zest is perfect with the cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, yet leaving enough room for the banana to come through as the main taste.
This recipe is from the fabulous gluten free and grain free blog thehealingfoodscookbook.blogspot.com.au
This bread is perfect as a sweet breakfast toast following refrigeration —Sandra Ramacher
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 small bananas
- 1 tablespoon orange rind - grated
- 4 merdjool dates
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the first seven ingredients and process in a food processor until smooth.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the lined baking tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool and refrigerate. This bread tastes great toasted the next day.