Author Notes: Pure comfort food. Slow braised chicken thighs are seasoned with pomegranate molasses and chilies. Slightly tangy and spicy with each bite. —ChezUs
slices bacon, small dice
small yellow onion, minced
garlic cloves, minced finely
fresno chili, minced finely
tablespoon olive oil
parsley, to garnish
cups chicken stock
cup pomegranate molasses
- Preheat the oven to 300. Lightly pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, slightly cook the bacon until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic and chili. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the dutch oven and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan. Brown the chicken thighs; about 3 – 5 minutes per side. Add the onion mixture to the browned chicken.
- Pour the stock and molasses over the top of the chicken. Lightly stir. Cover with the lid. Slide into the oven.
- After 1 hour of cooking, lightly stir and add a little stock, if needed.
- Cook for another 1 hour
- Remove from the oven. The meat will be very tender.
- Lightly stir in the pomegranate seeds and garnish with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates