If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect balance between land and sea. Fresh scallops infused with pomegranate juice seared then served with a sweet and sour, citrus pomegranate sauce. —Giovanni Rodriguez
- 1 pound Fresh Large Scallops
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Juice (Fresh squeezed or POM)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 piece Lemon Peel
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger
- 3 tablespoons Manny's Seasoning Salt
- 3 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
- 1. Place cleaned scallops into a small bowl and pour in pomegranate juice, lemon juice, lemon peel and fresh ginger until scallops are completely covered and let marinate for an hour until the scallops have changed in color.
- 2. Strain liquids from scallops and remove lemon peel and ginger and let scallops sit out until most of the liquids have been released.
- 3. Heat pan with grapeseed oil until oil has reached its smoking point. In the meantime season the scallops and sear for 2 minuets on each side.
Citrus Pomegranate Sauce
- 2 cups Pomegranate Juice (Fresh squeezed or POM)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 piece Orange Peel
- 1. Combine all ingrediants into a sauce pan and cook on med-high heat, stirring often until sugar has completely disolved. Once disolved turn heat to med-low for 50 minuets or until sauce has almost a syrup consistency. Let cool then it is ready for use.