If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an amazing new taste of oatmeal cookies, passed down my step-great-grandmother. Her family made lots of recipes, but this is my favorite! Also, the cookies usually taste the best if you let them out overnight before eating. —jack112
Makes 2-3 dozen
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Beat together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. If your sugar is right, it should be the color of melted dark chocolate.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in the oats and raisins/chocolate chips. Add to wet ingredients.
- Place parchment paper over your baking sheet(s). Form about 1 1/2 inch balls of dough, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
More Great Recipes: