If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my own take on Lobster Risotto. It's kind of compiled from a few different sources.
- 1 pound Lobster
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 6 cups Shellfish Broth
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 cups Aborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Cook the lobster until just almost done. You'll want it a little raw because it'll get cooked a little when you incorporate it into the risotto later.
- In an electric kettle combine the white wine with shellfish broth. Add in the pinch of saffron making sure to crush it to release the flavors. Heat the mixture to a simmer and keep warm.
- In a 4 qt sauce pan over medium heat add the butter and cook till browned.
- Add in the minced shallots and garlic witha pinch of salt and sweat til translucent. Then add in the rice and cook till rice grains are translucent around the edges. Don't let anything brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in half the stock mixture. Stir the pan sparingly until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Keep adding in stock mixture until the rice is cooked and won't take anymore.
- Dump in the lobster, cheese, and lemon zest and take off the heat. Make sure to stir until everything in incorporated and the cheese is melted.