Author Notes: I have got this recipe from my friend, she has got it from her grandma, and so on, and it’s perfect for this contest. The taste is really good; no one will ever guess that the beer is one of the ingredients. I really was surprised by the taste. Well here is the recipe for you to try and like, I know you are going to like it; it’s a winner and magic.
milliliters canola oil
cups Flour ( + 4 tbs for the frosting)
tablespoon corn starch
tablespoon vanila extract(any extract will be good, depends on what you like)
cup toasted nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix the beer and canola oil, sift in the flour and mix with the mixer until it comes together.
- Divide the batter in 8 equal parts.
- Flatten the batter until is very thin.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes, until brown.
- Mix together 4 tbs of flour and the corn starch, then add it to 250 ml of water and mix well until dissolved.
- Boil the 750 ml of water with 2 cups of sugar, when the mix starts to boil and the sugar is dissolved, add the flour-corn starch mixture. Bring it to boil and on low heat stir and cook until is thick like a sauce. Cool completely.
- Cool the shortcakes completely.
- Frost shortcakes with frosting and sprinkle with nuts.
- Let it stay couple of hours or overnight before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
More Great Recipes: