If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have got this recipe from my friend, she has got it from her grandma, and so on, and it’s perfect for this contest. The taste is really good; no one will ever guess that the beer is one of the ingredients. I really was surprised by the taste. Well here is the recipe for you to try and like, I know you are going to like it; it’s a winner and magic.
- 250 milliliters beer
- 250 milliliters canola oil
- 3 cups Flour ( + 4 tbs for the frosting)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups sugar
- 1000 milliliters water(di)vided
- 1 tablespoon vanila extract(any extract will be good, depends on what you like)
- 1 cup toasted nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix the beer and canola oil, sift in the flour and mix with the mixer until it comes together.
- Divide the batter in 8 equal parts.
- Flatten the batter until is very thin.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes, until brown.
- Mix together 4 tbs of flour and the corn starch, then add it to 250 ml of water and mix well until dissolved.
- Boil the 750 ml of water with 2 cups of sugar, when the mix starts to boil and the sugar is dissolved, add the flour-corn starch mixture. Bring it to boil and on low heat stir and cook until is thick like a sauce. Cool completely.
- Cool the shortcakes completely.
- Frost shortcakes with frosting and sprinkle with nuts.
- Let it stay couple of hours or overnight before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
More Great Recipes: