Author Notes: adapted from food & wine dorie greenspan —Ulla Killing
Serves: 40 cookies
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
ounces butter softened
cup confectioners sugar
tablespoons granulated sugar
large egg yolk
fleur de sel
hot chili salt
In This Recipe
- Combine first 3 ingredients sifting through a sieve into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix with a handheld mixer the butter until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat to a creamy consistency. Add egg yolk and incorporate. Then add dry ingreidents in 3 steps until dough holds together.
- Quickly kned dough to a ball. Add more flour if dough is too moist. Form into a ball and cut in 2. Form each into a disk and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Take disks out of refrigerator. Between to parchment papers roll out dough (ca 4 millimeters thick) and start cutting out cookies with a round cookie cutter.
- Place cookies carefully on a cookie sheet layed out w/wax paper. Sprinkle each cookie with chili salt and a little fleur de sel.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 F) for 12 minutes rotating sheet after 6 minutes.
- Let cool down on cookie sheet on a rack.