If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Getting crazy with ginger & using only two ingredients! Candied ginger & ginger syrup. —whatever's left
pounds fresh ginger root
milliliters ginger water
- Wash & peel the ginger, then dice it into 5mm cubes.
- Place the ginger in a pot & top with water, bring to a boil & allow it to cook for 30 to 45 minutes or until the ginger is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat & strain the ginger. Keep the liquid & set it aside to use for the ginger syrup later.
- Place the ginger cubes back into the pot along with 0.88lbs of sugar & 135ml of water, bring to a boil & cook until the ginger becomes translucent. Once that happens, turn the heat down to low & continue to cook until all the water has evaporated. Make sure to stir constantly throughout the process.
- To make the ginger syrup, take two cups (500ml) of the ginger water that has been reserved & place it in a pot with 1lbs of sugar. Bring to a boil & allow it to cook for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Remove it from the heat & allow it to cool before transferring to a bottle for storing. Both the ginger candy & ginger syrup will keep for several months.