Author Notes: Such a simple little dish to brighten up any meal. I made a roasted chicken with herbs de Provence & lemon, & served this on the side. Perfect. —we eat. happy.
for the salad:
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & peeled into ribbons
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias
poppy seed dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBL apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBL maple syrup
- 1 tsp spicy mustard (like Coleman's) or a Dijon mustard
- a good pinch of poppy seeds
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Toss cabbage, scallions, & carrots in a bowl with about 1/2 of the dressing. Toss again, taste it & see if you need more. A little goes a long way here.
- Put dressing ingredients in a jam jar & shake it up.