Author Notes: If you have ever made cheddar cheese soup or did the fondue thing, most of the ingredients will look familiar. I was trying to capture the dark cheesy flavor of both. —ohyoucook
cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
teaspoon dry mustard
dash cayenne pepper (optional)
teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
tilapia fillets (about 1 lb.)
cup dark ale or beer
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine cheese, dry mustard, cayenne pepper (if using) and Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Grease a medium-sized rimmed baking pan with one tablespoon of the butter. Arrange fillets in a single layer in pan. Pour ale or beer over fish. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over fish. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter; drizzle evenly over cheese mixture.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts, coating browns and fish is opaque and cooked through. If the fish is cooked but the cheese still needs a bit of browning, place under the broiler for a minute or two, watching carefully so that it does not burn.
- Serve immediately with potatoes and/or your favorite veggie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer