Author Notes: If you have ever made cheddar cheese soup or did the fondue thing, most of the ingredients will look familiar. I was trying to capture the dark cheesy flavor of both. —ohyoucook
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup dark ale or beer
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine cheese, dry mustard, cayenne pepper (if using) and Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Grease a medium-sized rimmed baking pan with one tablespoon of the butter. Arrange fillets in a single layer in pan. Pour ale or beer over fish. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over fish. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter; drizzle evenly over cheese mixture.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts, coating browns and fish is opaque and cooked through. If the fish is cooked but the cheese still needs a bit of browning, place under the broiler for a minute or two, watching carefully so that it does not burn.
- Serve immediately with potatoes and/or your favorite veggie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer