If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pesto is one of those things that can make plain pasta or couscous into a delicious dish. Personally I could eat pesto by the spoonful which is why It's always good to have small jars in the fridge for a lazy day when I don't feel like cooking anything. This recipe was given to me by my Nonna, who grows way to much basil on her terrace. But considering she always has grandkids around the house, she makes a good use out of it. —Sibilla
Makes 5-6 small jars
- 36 Basil leaves
- 1 heaping tablespoons Pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 heaping tablespoons Parmigian cheese, grated
- 1 handful Toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Olive oil
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add more olive oil depending on consistency.
- Place in small clean jars and cover with more olive oil. The pesto will oxidize and become brown if it is not covered in oil so remember to add more olive oil after every use.
- These jars should be kept in the fridge but can also be stored in the freezer.
More Great Recipes: