If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are very much a case of “go big or go home” – in addition to a generous helping of chopped crispy bacon, these cookies are also made with browned butter and brown sugar, giving them a butterscotch flavour which goes incredibly well with the salty bacon. And although I reduced the sugar quite a bit, any health benefit this might have had is obliterated by the handful of chocolate chips I added and the blood pressure-raising sea salt I scattered on top of the cookies before baking. —Sophia R
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 100 gram bacon
- 100 gram butter
- 110 gram caster sugar
- 110 gram brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 240 gram all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 gram dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fry the diced bacon in a dry frying pan on medium heat until crispy. Drain the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels and let the bacon come to room temperature before mixing in with the other ingredients.
- Warm the butter in a small pan on medium heat until the butter smells nutty and is golden in colour. Set aside and leave till the butter solidifies again.
- To make the cookies, start by creaming the butter together with the two types of sugar – this should take ca. 5 minutes.
- Add the 2 eggs, one after another, making sure the first egg is well incorporated before you mix in the second egg.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour and combine with the butter-egg-sugar mix.
- Mix in the diced bacon and the chopped chocolate.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 36 hours.
- When ready to bake the cookies, pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees. Place drops of dough the size of 2 tablespoons on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between the cookies as they will spread in the oven. Flatten the dough with a spoon and sprinkle some sea salt on each cookie. Bake cookies for ca. 12 minutes.