If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thick and creamy hot chocolate that is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan....the addition of cocoa butter adds an unforgettable taste and texture! —Lauren Goslin
cup almond milk
tablespoons cocoa powder
tablespoon carob powder (or more cocoa powder)
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons natural granulated sweetener (coconut sugar, sucanat, turbinado)
teaspoon cinnamon, optional
drops liquid stevia (or 1 teaspoon more sugar)
teaspoons cocoa butter, optional, but delicious!
- In a saucepan, whisk together the water, cocoa, carob, sugar, and salt, and place it over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk with the arrowroot until the arrowroot has dissolved.
- Once the water/cocoa mix is warmed, add the milk arrowroot mix to it, and continue heating it through until the mixture has thickened (about 1 minute). Don’t boil the mix!
- Once thickened, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, stevia, and cocoa butter (this enhances the chocolate flavor even more!).
- Pour into a couple of mugs and share with a loved one!