If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thick and creamy hot chocolate that is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan....the addition of cocoa butter adds an unforgettable taste and texture! —Lauren Goslin
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon carob powder (or more cocoa powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons natural granulated sweetener (coconut sugar, sucanat, turbinado)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 5-8 drops liquid stevia (or 1 teaspoon more sugar)
- 2-3 teaspoons cocoa butter, optional, but delicious!
- In a saucepan, whisk together the water, cocoa, carob, sugar, and salt, and place it over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk with the arrowroot until the arrowroot has dissolved.
- Once the water/cocoa mix is warmed, add the milk arrowroot mix to it, and continue heating it through until the mixture has thickened (about 1 minute). Don’t boil the mix!
- Once thickened, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, stevia, and cocoa butter (this enhances the chocolate flavor even more!).
- Pour into a couple of mugs and share with a loved one!