If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i came up with this marinade will trying to come with some thing thats tangy and healthy i could marinade my chicken breast in. fresh herbs and dried apricots came to my mind right away! iam fifteen and i love to cook so this my first recipe posted i hope you like! :) ( dont worry i tried this every time i grill chicken its absoluley fool proof!)
Serves 5-6 people
- 1 a whole chicken
- 1-2 handfuls of very fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 cup of dried apricots (the small yellow ones
- 1/2 cup of thick whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of taosted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 4 serrano or jalapeno peppers
- 1/4-1/2 cups of soy sauce
- 1 very ripe pear ( like mushy ripe)
- 2 tablespoons of korean style sesame seasoned bean paste (it also replace miso paste in miso soup and dressings
- 1 cup of water
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch or 5 stalks of fresh green onion
- 1 spanish onion
- first wash your chicken with white distilled vinegar and water then pat dry,
- after that its time to get that giant butcher knife or cleaver and cut the chicken into quarters * at this point you can remove all the skin if you want and please cut the breasts in half too it make every thing look uniform and about the same size. dice your green oinons too and set aside for later.
- for the marinade it self your going have use a really good and quiet large food processor or blender for.
- add all the other ingredients besides the chicken and green onions into your food processor and blend away till smooth and no large chucnks of what ever are present.
- get a big bowl , container or even a giant Ziploc bag and place your chicken in it and cover with as much of the marinade and green onion * if you have extra just store it for up to... ill say three days
- and then you wait 1 or 2 days at most three for the chicken to be infused with the flavor...mmm
- take out the chicken out of the fridge and wait thirty minutes before grilling, just because....
- start up your favorite grill (*wood or charcoal preferably to get that delicious smokey flavor yum!) and sprinkle each piece with a pinch of pepper and grill all the pieces till the juices run clear.
- when the chicken is done put the pieces in a large pot and cover to let them "rest" *pleeease dont skip this step it makes the chicken even juicer!