If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family loves quiche, so one day we were looking through the pantry for ways to take quiche to the next level and decided to add some leeks. It was an instant hit. The leeks add SO much flavor and depth to this quiche, I often make two because it goes so fast —Karen Burkett
ready to bake pie crust (blind baked for 15 minutes)
pound leeks-cleaned and thinly sliced
cup heavy cream-divided
teaspoon balsamic vinegar
ounces Gruyere or Gouda cheese-shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat margarine in med skillet and add leeks, saute for about 4 minutes stirring often to prevent browning
- Stir in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and balsamic vinegar, and stir until mixture thickens
- spread leek mixture into pie crust
- sprinkle cheese over leek mixture
- whisk eggs and the remaining 1/2 cup cream, milk and salt and pepper to taste
- pour egg mixture over cheese and leeks in pie crust
- bake quiche about 30-35 minutes until eggs are set
- allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks