If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a typical German coffee/tea shop cake.I'm not a big cake person but anything with fresh fruits I will probably enjoy. You can use any fruits you like for this recipe. It just depends on the season.I like using plums, peaches, apricots or mixed berries.I prefer this to crumble because of that bottom layer. —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves 1 cake
For the bottom layer
- 1 2/3 flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 75 milliliters lukewarm milk
- 500gr plums
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 packet Vanilla sugar
- For the bottom dough, mix all the ingredients knead well. Place in a warm room for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and cut the fruits in half
- For the Streusel (topping), mix all the ingredients with the tip of your fingers. It must look like crumbles.
- Spread the dough in a buttered pan. Place the fruits on top then top with the Streusel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes on 350F