If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Speculoos is a Belgian spiced shortcrust biscuit.It's delicious to dip in milk or coffee but I also use them as a base for cheesecakes (like Graham crackers) and other crusts.My grand mother used to make these small pies even before Speculoos spread was invented a few years ago.You can find Speculoos in Montreal so I'm sure they can be found somewhere in the US as well.If you do not find them, I believe a recipe can be found online.
You can also top each pie with slices of pears to make it fruity —MarieGlobetrotter
- 15 Speculoos biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons Speculoos spread or 4 crumbled speculoos
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven on 300F
- For the piecrust: crumble the Speculoos biscuits in a blender. Add the melted butter and mix well to obtain a nice pie crust. Put this mixture in 6 mini pie pans, covering both the bottom and the sides.
- Whisk the mascarpone with the egg, the Speculoos spread and the brown sugar.If you are using crumbled speculoos mix everything well to obtain a smooth filling. Pour the filling onto the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 300F. Let cool and serve cold.